Summer is a pretty high-maintenance season. Clearly, SPF is vital during the warmer months, though it's not the only thing you need to complete your hydrating, protective, glow-inducing arsenal. Because we take skincare very seriously, especially a summer skincare routine, we've curated a beauty box of new must-haves that will yield some amazing results. And of course, adding a more eco-friendly option to help reduce your carbon foot print. Learn more about these clean, ethical and sustainably made products.
Olivarrier Skin Barrier Fluid Oil Squalane
This 100% Squalane oil is the no-nonsense answer to strengthening the skin barrier and solving a multitude of skin-concerns. It's easily-absorbable and lightweight texture will feel like instant nourishment without an excess of greasiness!
People with oily and combination skin will rejoice in this non-comedogenic oil that can be used alone or blended with a serum to provide extra hydration. As an added bonus, it's bacteria-fighting properties will help acne-prone skin.
Meanwhile anyone with dry, irritated, or normal skin in the wintertime will want to supplement their routine to boost hydration and calm redness. As if that weren't enough, it's antioxidant properties will prevent damage from free-radicals. This all-in-one oil is worth a try for even the most adamant oil-free-product-only users.
Size: 30 ml / 1.01 fl oz. Value: $42
Cleanse then tone face. Use 2-3 drops alone or in tandem with your favorite serum/moisturizer and gently massage into skin. Follow with cream.
THE MUST KNOW
* Squalane - derived from the highest quality olives (only 0.2% make the cut!), squalane is great for all skin types including oily and acne-prone skin as it is non-comedogenic; it helps moisturize, soothe, prevent irritation, fight bacteria, and prevent damage from free-radicals
Olivarrier Skin Barrier Dual Moist Toning Lotion
This skin-saving product does the work of both a toner and a lotion - it balances skin's pH and moisturizes skin - but it does so in an entirely different way, which is what makes the results so remarkable.
With more toxins in our environment and stress in our lives, our skin barrier can become weaker. Once this happens, skin becomes more dehydrated leading to more breakouts or premature loss of firmness. To build back the skin barrier, there are three important things that need to happen:
1. The skin barrier itself needs to be nurtured gently and restored back to health.
2. Skin needs an emergency dosage of hydration to break the cycle of skin that ""just feels off"" with all the accompanying signs of unhealthier skin - including increased dullness, sensitivity, breakouts, sagging.
3. There's a lot more inflammation and free radicals in skin that a healthy skin barrier could have helped prevent - a supersized dosage of antioxidants are needed to nip this and put skin back on track.
This special product is formulated to be a perfect 5.5 pH so that skin is balanced after cleansing. Then, the highest quality olives (only 0.2% make the cut) are used to derive the squalane in this product, which sinks right into skin to provide a seriously intensive boost of antioxidants. Micro-hyaluronic acid is included so that it hydrates in the deeper layers of skin, too. Madecassoide helps to powerfully diminish inflammation. And panthenol and alantoin protect and soothe skin. Meanwhile, common allergens and toxins are excluded so that skin gets the reset it needs from the stress it's been through in a gentle and pure way.
Texture: it's watery and light and skin drinks it up
Skin type: great for all skin types, including those with sensitive skin
The results? Skin is left calm, hydrated, and back to its normal happy self.
Size: 180 ml / 6.08 fl oz. Value: $28
Water, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol, Squalane, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycerin, Polyglycerin-3, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Sodium Citrate, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Arginine
HOW TO USE
Apply after cleansing. Can be layered on multiple times. Follow up with remaining skincare routine. Can be used AM and PM.
THE MUST KNOW
* Squalane - derived from the highest quality olives (only 0.2% make the cut!), squalane is great for all skin types including oily and acne-prone skin as it non-comedogenic; it helps moisturize, soothe, prevent irritation, fight bacteria, and prevent damage from free-radicals
* Madecassoide - can help fight inflammation and can help boost collagen production
* Panthenol - provitamin of B5 with exceptional hydrating abilities
* Allantoin - helps to protect and soften skin; helps keep skin healthy
* Camelia extract - helps keep skin moist, supple and is antioxidant rich
* Micro-hyaluronic acid - helps bind moisture to skin and absorbs quickly
** All of Olivarrier's products are dermatologist-tested, certified Vegan and Cruelty-free, free of toxins, EWG verified and hypo-allergenic.
Full box reveal coming soon.
Boxes ship June 5th.
Subscribe before July 15th or while supplies last.